When you have a dream and jolt out of bed thinking you’ve slept through your alarm, only to find the clock showing it’s 1:53 AM. Dammit 😩

Now, I’m wake with 3 hours to kill before I need to head out.

Thank god we have this place called the 24CampFire. Anybody having coffee?

Here’s my list of priorities for today, in order.

Read the Fire and see how many members have called Paul B gay or threatened to run him over on his bicycle.

Make coffee, have a dip of snuff and take a dump. (Haven’t done those yet)

Make a sandwich to toss in the pack along with a couple quick energy eats should I kill something late and need a burst of sugar to get me out of a hell hole.

Throw on my hunting clothes, load up the rig with pack, spotter and tripod. Oh, and rifle. I forgot my rifle only once before, but I caught that mistake before I drove too far.

Drive 50 minutes to the mountain, get out, hike into the area I want to hunt, glass up a decent Blacktail, shoot him/her in the ear hole (I have a buck and doe tag) rip the deer outta the woods, whole would be a nice, but that isn’t usually what happens.

Get meat back to the rig and squared away to travel home. Open a beer while I look through my pack to locate my victory flask, then take a pull of some Pendleton 1910, chasing it down with the rest of my beer.

Get home, deal with the meat, while reading the Fire to see what kind of trouble Slum and Ren50 got into while I was hunting.

That’s a pretty full day of hunting.

Beav, out!

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”