When my Son and I got a Moose draw this year we were pretty stoked about it, we don't travel to far from home to hunt, so draw was near our home.

First, we were hunting Mule deer.
We were out from the camper before daylight moving into our spots and my Son realizes his d-magazine is missing from his Tikka...bummer....we regroup, he uses the spare rifle which is along for such things. The first day out with my 300 win mag, he shoots a dandy Mule deer at about 75ft, this buck is a tank and we can't drag it more than a few ft, good thing I can get the quad almost to it, an absolute hogg.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Then it is time for our Moose hunt to begin.
I scouted the area within the draw region, located good Moose, we were prepared for several 4 day hunts.
The first 4 days was some of the most extreme weather I have hunted in, blizzard conditions and when we came out of there on the last day (2ft of snow) it was with 4 chains on my 1 ton dually with the 454 just howling and we barely made it out of there. 2 years ago the same thing happened to me when I was alone , I went to bed with 6" of snow, got up to 2ft with heavy drifting, it took 4 hours to go 4km cry

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

We knew we were in trouble when we couldn't get into the area for the snow, so I bought a snow mobile, hunt back on. laugh