Originally Posted by stevevan1
Been extremely slow up here in Michigans U.P. I live in the country in Western Delta County. Half a dozen deer camps on my dead end road. ZERO bucks on buck poles after first 3 days of hunt. Michigan DNR with their liberal regulations (2 buck lics. for years) and wolves have about knocked the herd way down. Low buck to doe ratio and just about zero older age class bucks. They say we need to kill more does to up the buck to doe ratio. I don't think so!! We need to raise the buck numbers to improve the ratio by get rid of the 2 buck lic. and have a 1 buck per year lic, instead.
Originally Posted by stevevan1
Been extremely slow up here in Michigans U.P. I live in the country in Western Delta County. Half a dozen deer camps on my dead end road. ZERO bucks on buck poles after first 3 days of hunt. Michigan DNR with their liberal regulations (2 buck lics. for years) and wolves have about knocked the herd way down. Low buck to doe ratio and just about zero older age class bucks. They say we need to kill more does to up the buck to doe ratio. I don't think so!! We need to raise the buck numbers to improve the ratio by get rid of the 2 buck lic. and have a 1 buck per year lic, instead.

If no one has killed a buck On your road this gun season than going form one to two bucks probably won’t make a difference. I do agree one buck is enough.