Originally Posted by CCCC
Back around 1971 when doing some tuning/wrenching and some driving for a buddy with a couple of race cars, and also looking and hoping to buy a Corvette, another prof at the college invited me to drive his newer 911S on some of those winding up and down roads in the foothills west of town. WoW. For a "factory" car, that thing handled like it was on rails and was a screamer - am thinking it had 4 Webers - and have forgotten the cu. ins. Made me a Porsche believer in 15 minutes. Have been fortunate to have driven a few more fast ones since - mostly on track - but never have owned one.

Paul,

I have been a Car and Driver subscriber for years and over the last ten or so they get bashed for being Porsche whores. Beyond just well balanced performance the best write I can recall of late was along the lines "it just seems what they do was done by one brilliant engineer/designer that did not have to meld multiple engineers/designers work into one". I really think you would enjoy driving my Boxster. Very easy to drive fast and 3.6 second 0-60 times, sub-12 seconds for the quarter mile and near 30 mpg is pretty neat. My wife keeps it out of sport mode and it like driving a Honda...

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15099555/2017-porsche-718-boxster-s-pdk-automatic-test-review/

Conduct is the best proof of character.