Originally Posted by Plumdog
I shot a cow elk from 6 feet while standing on a high deadfall with a recurve bow. Almost straight down and into the top of the shoulder. Shot a 5 1/2 year old Shiras Moose with .54 cal. muzzleloader from 7 yards.

Antlerless deer, about 3-4 feet from the muzzle. Not sure why she would not look at me / could not see me. No cover, no concealment.

Small 4x4 blacktail .. 12 feet from the muzzle. It was nose-down chasing a doe and she deliberately walked right past me trying to rub him off. (I've seen 'em try to do that using traffic as well.) She went right under my armpit, he got shot through the top of the noggin.

I passed a bear on the trail one time and had the muzzle of the 629 within a couple inches of his head but he never moved, just tracked me with his eyes, so there was no shooting done. That was pretty spooky.

Oh .. closest might be a negative number. One time I grabbed a wounded doe by the ear, shoved the muzzle of my sister's .357 in the ear hole, and pulled the trigger. F-u-c-k-ing near separated my arm into two pieces at the elbow joint. HURT. Made me kinda sick at my stomach. So word to the wise: don't do that. Holding on to things you're shooting at, not with, sucks.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...