Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Just treat it like any other chambering. In step 4), adjust your FL die (I prefer Forster) to bump the shoulder 0.002-0.003”. Done.

Same here. Set the die for the gun you wanna reload for and it’s a one time deal most of the time. 2-3 thou is great fit and you’ll likely never wear the brass out unless you’re hammering the heck out of it or you never anneal.

Good post scotty. I PFL using just run of the mill RCBS dies. Accuracy/precision is good enough for me:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
7mm RM brass shown after sizing. Figured that would be the best representation for the op, since he's asking about that cartridge. Be sure to set your die with brass that has been fireformed to your chamber. I also have 2 7mm rem mags, but they are both Winchester model 70 classics and they look like the chambers have been cut with the same reamer. Got lucky on that one!!!

The shoulder bump is the key (.002-.003" is about perfect). I treat all of my belted mag brass just like any other brass. It shoots just the same as standard non belted stuff and feeds excellent. Never an issue.. Some guys want to make newbies think the belt is a hinderance, but that shows their lack of knowledge and experience.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA