Originally Posted by Blacktailer
All of the above is good advice. The only thing I will ad is that I never, not ever, resize a case without having the firearm there to check the sized brass in the chamber. I size a case down until there is a little resistance (in a bolt action) then screw the die in just a little (.001-.002) more. You can check how much you are setting back the shoulder with a caliper and appropriate size socket or or a dedicated tool if you want.

Good post Blacktailer. That is very important. Now, I can generally gauge how much shoulder bump I'm getting with just the feel of resistance when you chamber a freshly sized piece of brass. But when you want to be gnats azz you can use a comparator or some guys will use something like a 40 S&W case and a caliper. I'll usually zero out my caliper and then your reading for set-back is right there with no guess work:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'm more likely to do that with the ammo I load for my precision rifles though, or if you have multiple rifles chambered for the same cartridge. Its good to know the chamber dimensions of each rifle and how they compare. Most times you can get away with loading to the shortest chamber length with a .002" shoulder bump and still maintain good brass life. That is something the op should check, since he has 2 rifles chambered in 7mm rem mag..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA