Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by HunterShooter58
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
This is how I did mine. Just a little polishing and a slight chamfer with an oil stone is all that is needed to get an excellent trigger pull:

With that being said. what do you think your trigger pull was when finished?

HS 58

Be careful following that diagram to the letter. I find that it is a bit too much. I'll file, stone and polish, but not take quite as much material. Also a lighter spring helps with pull weight. The way I do them leaves more sear engagement, which makes it safer than the diagram shown. I shoot for a 2.5 pound pull weight, with very minimal creep. After polishing the sear engagement it is also very smooth. I don't know how many guys actually have the proper tools to measure the notch depth. I don't take as much off the trigger or sear, so be warned.. Always test afterwards too. I've seen some guys take too much and you can actually push the cocking piece forward with your thumb.. You definitely don't want that, as that is an unsafe condition. If you don't feel confident in doing it right, take it to a smith.

I totally agree BSA!
That's why I'm taking my time with this and going to make the right choice. Cautioning on the side of error leaving material on is great advice if I go that way.
I appreciate all the comments, and advice.
Thanks,
HS 58

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!