Ben do you realize your post is you telling people how to spend their money? Where you asked to?

I really see your post as fatherly and just trying to point out economics to someone, which I see as nothing but submitted with good intentions.

I worked up Blue Dot for use in my Fireball, just because I like to know the parameters of a round, from high to low and back.

I was asked about it by someone, so I shared it. No one is trying to push the use of Blue Dot. I share it with others, telling what I find with it..
Give them the choice, and let them know what I find with it.

100 yards or under, I find it highly capable, and probably is good to 200 yds, with a little Kentucky windage...

but at times of Powder Shortages, getting 800 to 900 rounds out of a pound of powder is nothing to sneeze at , if you do a lot of high volume shooting.

its availability vs cost per shot....

where you talk about the economy of the 17 Hornet vs the 17 Fireball, well using Blue Dot in the Fireball, suddenly the cost per shot, becomes a wash, and the velocity is going to be closer even to the same.

Just another perspective if we are talking academically here....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez