Originally Posted by T_Inman
I certainly know more farmers that are left leaning than ranchers, though they both can and do receive farm bill subsidies. Plenty of ranchers or feedlot owners also farm, and not just for cattle feed so it gets muddied, quickly.

An ultra conservative friend-who probably shouldn't be-farms right up to the road's edge leaving no cover for birds and still takes full advantage of farm bill subsidies, which the way I understand it isn't allowed, at least with the 2018 farm bill. He also has plenty of hired hands, a $20,000 roping horse and buys a new pickup/trailer every other year. He writes it all off as business expenses. Maybe legally, maybe not.

Point being, plenty hard core conservatives play the system just like liberals. Also, if it wasn't for those subsidies, we'd be paying a lot more of farmers' costs. I still find it hard to believe a loaf of bread is $5, for the good stuff. How the hell does that cover all the costs and overhead that goes into growing the wheat, processing it, packaging and delivering that loaf of bread? I couldn't imagine those subsidies aren't a big part of that so we all benefit from them, though only tax payers foot the bill.

Wow this thread has veered off course...

Tinman,
As a small business owner that receives nothing but a large tax bill from the government it is hard to sympathize....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.