Originally Posted by shootinurse
Always get our stuff later than surrounding communities. They took the Williamsport post office, which had a 94% efficiency rating, and moved all the sorting and distribution 90 miles south to Harrisburg, which has an 83-4% rating. So we mail it here, gets shipped to Hbg, gets sorted and routed back to here to get sent out to the smaller local POs. A few years ago, I was sick and in the hospital for a few days. The girls in the office sent a get well card on Tuesday. I got it Saturday. It only had to make it a mile and a half to my house.

During the worst of the COVID troubles, we started calling Harrisburg “The Black Hole of Harrisburg” because so many items went there and just disappeared for long periods. My local carrier explained that the quarantine rules dictated that when one employee tested positive, the entire crew in that group had to stay home. Things have gotten much better.

Overall, the service I get from USPS is better than the other carriers, due mostly to the good people working locally.

What fresh Hell is this?