Hello,

Does anyone here know anything about the National German Wirehaired Pointer Rescue organization? A few years ago, my dad lost his long-time companion, a German Wirehaired Pointer, basically to old age. Despite his own health issues and advice to the contrary, my dad decided to get a GWP puppy several months ago, and it's not working out as his health continues to decline.

It would be in the best interest of both my dad and the dog to find a new home for the puppy, and I think my dad is slowly coming around to this same conclusion. For various reasons, I can't adopt the puppy myself, so I'm trying to figure out the best way to place the dog in a good home.

I don't really know much about the dog's training (or lack thereof), tempermant, personality, house training, etc., so I'm reluctant to just put it up for sale or adoption in a local newspaper, for example, without being able to honestly address these issues and answer any questions that might come up. I don't have any friends or family that want a new puppy at the moment.

This led me to the National German Wirehaired Pointer Rescue organization. I might contact them soon to see if they would be willing to help find my dad's dog a new home. I don't have any knowledge about the organization or organizations like it, so I thought I would ask folks here for advice as to whether it is a good organization to work with and, most important, whether it's an organization that would take good care of the dog.

Thank you.