Ran across a beautiful commercial mauser yesterday. Price seemed right. I researched it and looked like they were going for somewhere around $850 on line. The stock is very nice and has good lines. Reminds me of my Pacific Research, but it is wood. It's nice and light. Reminds me of my fwt pre 64 model 70's. Made an offer on the rifle and American made gloss Burris 3-9x40 scope and they accepted it. Will pick it up in a couple day. I also read they only made these from 1981-1983 and are built on FN actions. How many of you guys have one? I'll be doing some testing with it to see how "inherently" accurate this 30-06 is and probably post pics here. Rifle looks like new, as does the bore, so I'm hoping it shoots sub moa. Will check the bedding, trigger and freefloat first thing and probably mount a different scope on it, in some new mounts and rings. It has a windage adjustable rear mount, that I don't particularly car for..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA