Originally Posted by jgt
People that can't handload blame the rifle for its performance. I own a lot of 444s and all of them shoot great. They will shoot anything from a 240gn to a 405gn. My favorite is the 265gn and 290gn. If you take advantage of the bullet molds available, you can cast very good performing bullets. The myth about them not shooting cast bullet is perpetrated by those that can't be bothered to learn how to feed them. The Marlin 444 is a much stronger gun then the marlin 45-70 and is much better shooting. One thing it is not........is a stretched 44 magnum cartridge. I usually let the b.s. slide when ignorant people push it on the internet, but when they repeat it several times in one post and say it as if it is a fact and they know what they are talking about, then I feel compelled to speak up. My guns will take anything from mice to Mastodons, Bigfoot to black helicoptors, and do it without dislocating my shoulder. There are only two kind of people. Those that shoot 444s and those that wish they did.

Back when 444’s came out there weren’t near as many available molds as there are now.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally