Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I think the working class is buying Ruger Americans, Mossberg Patriots, and whatever they call the cheap Savages, and mounting Vortex scopes (at best) on them. We’ll see if the market supports the Ruger notion of what lever-guys want. The 1895s sure seem to be a success, based the prices they brought at first. No idea if that’s still “normal”.

At $1200 they won’t be buying Marlins. The way to reduce costs of the new machinery is to sell lots of rifles. Each rifle they sell helps to dilute the cost of that new machinery. I’m not saying that they shouldn’t improve the rifle and get what they need to be profitable, but I think Ruger screwed up by taking what used to be an affordable utilitarian rifle and turned it into a rifle for loonies. It’s going to be hard for the typical hunter who remembers Marlins costing $300-400 just a few years ago to justify spending 3-4x that much on a new Marlin.
Been a good while since a blued/walnut Marlin was priced at $300-400, NIB.

I remember when a blued/walnut BDL was about $500, now probably knocking on a grand?? They will sell.

A lot of stuff out there now is double what it used to be.
Marlin 336C's were traditionally much cheaper than a Remington 700 BDL. Back in 1962 when the Remington 700 was introduced, the 700 BDL had a suggested retail of 139.95 in standard calibers and 154.95 in magnum calibers while suggested retail for a Marlin 336C was 86.95.

Your quoting 50 year old prices? WTH does that have to do with any part of todays world?
If you can't see the point you sure as hell aren't very bright. I just don't have the time or patience to deal with internet dummies anymore.
I easily understood your point 🙂