Ed
I wanted to try the 250’s for several reasons.

1. I was curious to compare penetration. My experience is that with monos increasing velocity increases penetration. As far as I can see there is comparable penetration. The innards looked like they had been through a blender. My rifle has a 1-10 twist which helps I believe.

2. My 375 is pretty light and the recoil is less with my loads. I have used 270’s at 2800 and those loads have plenty of recoil.

3. I have shot buffalo out to around 180 yards and the tipped bullets hold velocities better. In fact if you believe in energy calculations the 250’s hit harder.

4. The 250’s shoot a little flatter and I have occasionally taken zebra out to around 275 yards so I prefer the trajectory improvements. I use a 270W for plains game but sometimes I have the 375 when something I want shows up. As you know, one never knows what will show up in Africa. I can shoot the 375 much more consistently than anything bigger. With a 416 when you get velocities up around 2600 they are either very brutal to shoot or they are way too heavy to carry.

5. I have occasionally had the non-tipped TSX bullets expand inconsistently whereas the tipped versions are very consistent. I like the 270 LRX as well. If I was using a 416 I would prefer the tipped version which I believe is an LRX.

Last edited by RinB; 05/26/23.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.