Haven't used them outdoors, so this review is based on in-home review. After extensive internet research, I decided that the Sitka was just the ticket as a warmer weather, do-it-all pant for use from Colorado to Alaska. [I plan to get a pair of Filson or Cabelas whipcords as a medium pant, and I have a pair of very heavy surplus wool for cold, cold weather]. I'm a 34 waist, though occasionally a 34" pant will be too tight. :-)! I ordered the Sitka in 36, and in loden green (Schnee's, on sale). I think the Sitka camo is perfect as an all-western pattern, but figured I'd use them for all sorts of endeavors where camo might be looked askance at. Wasn't immediately enamored of them, mostly as they seem a little rough - even scratchy - compared to the soft Microtex. So, I ordered up a pair of Microtex in outfitter camo; ordered 34x33.

Microtex. Feel great to the touch, inside and out. Seem to be just the right weight. Nice side pockets. The one-button rear pockets could use a flap. Cabelas online reviews mentioned a lack of belt loops, but they seem fine to me. Waist fits fine, maybe even a little big. Hemmed way too long; I'd been afraid to ordered too small. Just buy them unhemmed and do it yourself. Little bit tighter in the thigh when stepping up onto a high platform compared to my gold standard for fit and design (not including fabric material), the Army BDU. Can probably live with that though, even in the high country. One big problem though: a serious case of wedgie! C'mon, I'm 6'1" 185 (ok 190) lbs, never been accused of having a big a$$. I just don't think I want to hunt for elk, moose, deer etc. while constantly reaching around to pull my pants out of my crack.

Sitka. The more I wear them, the more they grow on me. One seam was a little out of place but think they'll be ok, and I assume I can always send them back for good customer service. Zippered rear pockets are supberb; I rarely keep anything in my rear pockets when hunting, but for hitting the bar after a day of hiking or XC skiing they would be nice. Silicon waistband is awesome. In loden, the "Sitka" logo on the cargo pockets is a bit much, but hey, they're new, doing good stuff and trying to grow. I'll cut them some slack. A bit long on the inseam; normally easy to hem, but might be a little tricky the way the double-front knee extends down the calf. I'm a little concerned that the fabric is too light; you can see light pretty easily through the single layer portions. And another forum mentioned that they weren't real windproof. But I thought posters here and Sitka said they cut the wind. Most importantly, no crack attack!

Think I'll be sending the Microtex back.