People urging caution regarding this matter are correct. We've all seen reloaders who just can't leave a cartridge alone, and push it past its limits. For years the 45 Colt was used as an example- every other reloading manual showing a blown cylinder out of a Ruger blackhawk. Reloading manuals are our Bibles. We trust them. There is a plentitude of people proposing unsafe reloading practises, so we don't allow change to the reloading manuals unless it is very carefully thought out and turns the test of time.

35/55 warm loads will not have a sufficient 'lobbying' group to move the peg forward.

It is because of old rifles that Marlin made the 450 marlin. It is because of old rifles that Winchester made the 375 Winchester.

I will not make any reccomendation for others, but I've reached my own decisions regarding the 38/55 and warmer loads.

It is a difficult topic and I don't anticipate a resolution.

Does anyone here have experience loading the 32 H&R mag to equivelent SAAMI pressures of the 357 and 41, 44 mag in a modern handgun? Does anyone say that is unsafe and dangerous? It is a common practise among knowledgeable re-loaders. It cannot be done in a HR firearm. I doubt anyone is going to publish data nor reccomend it.

Are many aware that the 32/20 was loaded hot in suitable firearms for the NRA hunter shooting classification? Was this a bad thing? Several reloading manuals used to have this data.

There is even warmed data for the 45 acp!!

The truth is the 38/55 simply does not have enough fans to get this issue seen clearly.

I think the bottom line to this and other reloading questions are, "Who is doing the reloading?"

munk