Ended up getting a new reloading toy for my birthday, a o.a.l. gage from Hornady, it works awesome now I can finally can play around with the bullet seating depth on my hunting rifles. The question I got is one of my rifles is a weatherby vanguard in a .257 caliber and when I checked the bullet seating depth with the o.a.l. gauge it showed that I could move my bullet out .360" from where I currently have the bullet seating to meet the recommended .020" - .040" for optimal performance from your reloads, but there is no way I can bring my bullet out .360" from where it is currently seated because then the bullet is going to be to long to fit into the magazine and there just isn't enough neck on the shell for the bullet to be hanging on to. Oh and how I came up with my current seating depth is from reloading books using there recommended overall bullet length. Has anybody else experienced this? I checked the bullet seating depth on my other high power center fire rifles and a couple of them I made some minor adjustments to the seating depth and the bullets were able to fit nicely into the magazine. With my weatherby vanguard that's a different story, would appreciate any feed back that I can get on this. I am using weatherby brass and I'm using Barnes 100 grain triple shock bullets.