Was hoping someone could give me an easy step by step instructions for curing salmon eggs. I've been doing some reading but am not yet satisfied on how to do it "right".

Also, I found this information that I thought was interesting....

"I NEVER, NEVER, NEVER use borax for one simple reason. years ago when i was a fisheries student we got to visit and work at a lot of hatcheries. one day when working at one of them (we always carried our fishing poles in our trucks) we had discussed different egg cures and the hatchery manager told us to clip off the hook and just use the eye and shank with the egg loop and toss it in the tanks to see how the fish would react to our eggs. we all tried this at several different hatcheries for differnt salmon and steelhead. one thing was always consistent, the fish NEVER held the borax eggs for long. a lot of the sulfate cures the fish chewed on awhile, some seemed to swallow it, now years later we know the right cure will make fish swallow your bait. i have never had a fish swallow a borax cure. now i will only use amermans or wizard pro cure for store bought cures or use my own. i think as far as cures go you can do one heck of a lot better than borax. you can dry your eggs and firm them up quite nicely without borax. hint: powdered milk does wonders! just experiment, but no borax!"