A few months back my Dad, at age 68 informed me that he was planning to fully retire next summer, then in July he announced that he�d decided to hang it up the end of this September. I had booked a Namibian hunt in spring �06 for us based on his original date so wanted something to fill the loooong gap between now and then. Since his retirement plans involve lots of beating around on his property, small game hunting and fishing I thought a small fixed blade knife would be perfect. Without spilling the beans I lured him into playing around with a pile of my knives and getting his comments on what he might like. I then got hold of Gene, told him the situation and asked if he could do something along the lines of a #4 with a lengthened S30V blade in a burl wood and meet a tight deadline for a retirement party. This showed up in short order:

[Linked Image]

#4 blade lengthened to 2-7/8� in S30V with a caper-esque handle in maple burl. I don�t own a digital camera and borrowed one essentially to make this post so I�m really bummed at how poorly the photo turned out, as it doesn�t come close to doing the knife justice�

Attached Images
363988-ingram1.JPG (0 Bytes, 174 downloads)