Originally Posted by rockchucker
ok by request here goes the story of the knifing:

my buddy dave, guide austin, mark ( cheese whore ), and myself our following the dogs along with half of the crew. as were taking care of business the tracking dogs cut loose on a hog and begin the chase. after chasing the hog for awhile, he holds up and starts fighting the chase hounds.

the dog man then release his catch dogs ( picture pony size mastiff/pitbull dogs) to catch the the hog. after a wild foot race behind the dogs for a couple hundred yards across the llano river bottom they penned a 125-135 pound boar under a rock outcropping.

the hog starts fighting the dogs, but the catch dogs finally get him caught. the dog man ask for someone to come and knife the hog, i bravely stepped forward and took excaliber from the dog man's hand and crawled into the cutback to slay the beast.

as i crawled in the hog cut a dog and got loose and was trying to get out. the dog man yelled " watch out he's coming out ".

everybody gasped and jumped back about forty yards in one step, but not i. i bravely stood my ground ( read i was to busy screaming like a little girl and trying to hide behind the lovely terryokie ).

ok back to this fairy tale.

as i crawled in again after the hog with excaliber, the dogs had a good hold on the hog, but he continued to fight the dogs. the dog man said to knife him right in the heart. my first stab proved to be right on the mark. the blade did over WAY OVERPENETRAT the heart and exited out the left side of the rib cage.

as i went to stab again a pitbull cross jumped in front of my target, faring a tongue lashing from the real hawkeye i held up my columbia mo. style swat pitbull stab.

after knifing the hog he collasped and died very quickly, as if he had been shot.

it was a serious rush and very fun.

ranks right up there with bull riding.

We will save the Cheese Whore story for the new guys on the next hunt hahaha