Pat.....A+,bro.

Been home for a bit over and hour and was near finished a long-assed story with my observations when my daughter's 4 pound POS yorkie jumped up on me a deleted the whole damn thing.

What a great time Pat and me and my son appreciated being asked to be a part of it.

What a fantastic group of fine,decent men and women.

Doc...good morning! A real pleasure,buddy. It was good getting to learn more about your most interesting life.

Teri...how many varmints did you knock down,doll? You and Okie were every bit and more of what the folks from the Raton gathering said about you both. It was a real pleasure.

GregW...you rule, dude. I couldn't have broke my varminting cherry with a nicer guy. Thank you so much for what you did for me and my boy. I owe you one.

Texas270...I learned much from you that morning you were with me and my son on that axis hunt. Another pleasure and you might be proof positive that the coppers ain't got nothin' over the firefighters.Thanks for the education.

RockChucker...The 24's new Paul Bunyon! Bobby, you and your friend Dave were fantastic company and it was a pleasure to meet you both. You,Dave and Pat are proof positive that Good,decent LEOs are the rule,not the exception. I hope Dave signs up fgor the 24 soon. Steve NO...while on the subject of good cops, good job with your buffering posts the past few days. It wasn't lost on me.

Gordon/Bullshooter...enjoyed the deck chats and I especially appreciate the cigars and rub,Gordon.

Keith...I didn't think you could be more generous or kind from past invites and gestures but I was wrong. I bet you jumped head first into the first snow-bank you came to.

Cheyenne...Thanks for showing me that one can survive without a cell phone for 72 hours. I thought I was gonna need Jim to write me up a script. I respect and appreciate your outlook and style. You certainly taught me you can do it well and not be a slave to the office or technology. It was a real pleasure meeting both you and Keith,Constant.

Dan/Mike....great seeing you both again. Dan, thanks much for the triple cigar gift along with the carry case. Very kind but very normal for you. Debbie is a doll and your axis made Bobby not pull the trigger on his. He didn't mind having a smaller one...if only he wouldn't have not had to listen to your bragging rights on the way back to the airport..grin. Mike...always good seeing you,buddy. Hope December brings many of us back together for a gathering once again. You must have left quite early. Sorry I didn't have a chance to see you off.

badger (Allen) my 5am to 6am coofee hour chat with you was one I'll remember. You're an interesting man and it was a pleasure to meet you. I want that South African accent of yours for the courtroom.

ThomasMagnum...watching you as you spent that time with your sone brought back fine memories of 16 years ago for me. You really were much of what made this weekend one to remember for me as you had me reflecting back to when my son was that age and we shared these type weekends. If I may humbly offer one piece of advice it would be to cherish each and every moment such as you did this weekend. I woke up a week ago and instead of my son being 5 and by my side at 700 Springs, he was instead a college graduate and getting ready to take on his own life. Thanks for giving me the wonderful flashbacks,Tom.

Mark...Pat did very well working with you on this gig. I wouldn't hesitate making you my first call for setting up my next Texas hunt. Thanks for all you did for us,Mark.

Bart...what can I say,man. You and Pat are responsible for about 3 more laugh lines around my eyes and I feel guilty I didn't pay any cover charge. It was also very comforting to know that the both of you made it very easy for folks to realize you were not going die in your sleep.

Texas bug bites are 10 times worse than our Virginia bugs.

Thanks to Bart and Gordon and soon byc, I'll have enough gourmet rubs to last me the rest of the year.

Dana's lovely wife Teri can hunt schit talk with the very best of them. I took great joy in smoking her butt in the varmint shoot-out. What a doll she is,Dana...you're both very lucky.

Now I'm rambling and repeating myself after maybe 12 hours of sleep over 4 days.

Me and my boy had a blast and made life-long memories with the entire bunch of you.

Thanks to all of you for that.

PS...I'm too tired to edit.

Last edited by isaac; 05/24/10.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward