Originally Posted by Steve_NO
I want to hear more about this knife Bobby used on the pig.....what kind of moly coated premium knife was used.

I always figured my Cold steel Bushranger would make a fine pigsticker......maybe from horseback like back in the Raj.

BTW.....if anybody wants to shoot a bunch of nutria, come on down to LA. They may be a little oily, but we got plenty of them.

Well they kind of shocked us all when they told us no guns around the dogs and that a knife was used to stick the pig. So we were all talking big, about who would do the deed. When the nut cracking time came, one really good guy stepped forward and did the deed. Picture a dry creek bed, a 4 foot cut out under the bank. That's where the hog went, up into the very back, about 4 foot to the back wall.
Dogs running crazy, 10 or more people trying to look, quite a scene.
Leroy was up at the front, so when he can I'm sure he will add his account.

Two dog were injured I think from the pig and not Bobby.

Nutria, didn't even know they lived in the hill country, thought they were all in La and East Texas, we (the group up drinking at the lodge) just heard this big boom, it was dark and we had no idea of what was shot. So we just kept drinking.
Drinks, had some fine Canadian beer, really liked that stuff.
Deet keeps the bugs away.
One thing about this trip was you really had to hunt many many hours which we all did. Beautiful ranch, I really need to own it, no chance in that. The set up perfect, clean housing , great food, really nice hard working staff. Mark (the outfitter) is a great Texas guy who fit right in with the group.

Way back up in this thread, what Bob was talking about on the rub deal, is spices to smoke with. We missed our spice man, so several brought some on this trip and gave it to Bob as we were leaving.

For some reason, this whole group of people are a great group. Many good conversations were had. If I could get away, I would go to Wyo, but that's not in the cards.
Have time to plan for Dec, if invited I'll do my best for that one and make that drive.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~