My intent is not to offend anyone, but a legitimate [to me at least] question. What is the advantage of a fast twist [1in8] 22 centerfire...223, .223AI,etc.? I fully understand it allows one to shoot heavier bullets [longer bearing surface] I certainly enjoy the .22 centerfire [I have and shoot/hunt with, .204, .222, 22-250, 22-250AI] However, I've always shot lighter bullets...typically 36gr, 53gr for coyotes, 53gr TSX,60gr. NPT's for deer or perhaps longer distances. If I want to shoot heavier bullets, i.e., 70 to 80gr. I shoot a 6mm Rem, .25 WSSM [HORRORS] My 6mm is a Ruger #1 and a 26" barrel and will shoot 75gr bullets pretty fast and is accurate enough to hit a coyote @ 400yds if it's not too windy and I manage to do my part. Are the fast twist .22's an economy issue? a recoil issue? a noise issue? Again this is not an argument..maybe I need a fast twist .22 centerfire? Thanks for advice and council. I might add, the very best reason to own/shoot a cartdrige is just because we like it.

Lions is bad. Lions is feerse. Lions ete folks.
Edison Marshall "The Heart of the Hunter"