1st, intro.
Hi I'm Brian. Just found the site today and never dreamed there's such excitement over these old savages.

2nd,
I'm such a tease, no pics right now and the gun is at home so I don't even have serial #'s, but I WILL bring it with me tomorrow and take some pics and list the patents and serial #'s

3rd,
So I got to talking guns with a buddy the other day and started Googling for info on my Savage (what I thought was) Model 1893, 30-30.

I think I'm wrong about the model but we'll find out tomorrow.

Any way what I know is I have one of my grandfather's (or great grandfather's, I forget) rifles.

It's a savage lever action 30-30 looks like a 1899. I do remember it having the 1893 patent date stamped on it, has the remaining shots indicator . Generally in decent shape, action works fine, some pitting in the bore, shoots ok (IIRC low and the the right, I need to sight it in.)

Here's the thing that's baffling me, and I know it can't be answered till the pics and #'s are here, it has a half octagon-half round barrel .

Oh great and wise Savage Arms aficionado's can you shed any light on this gun for me. I know you want the #'s and pics but we have to wait till tomorrow, sorry.

Thanks,
Brian

-Brian-
Whatever you do, do well.