I use different types of powder for down loading a cartridge...

Hodgdon's Youth Loads with H 4895 I find lacking in accuracy and consistency... while they sell other powders much more adapted to reduced loading, they push the H 4895, strictly because they have data for it GIVEN to them by ADI, which makes the powder..

you'll find better accuracy and consistency substituting IMRs 4895 for it..

consulting cast bullet manuals is a good source of reduced loads, if you desire a load published in a manual..

for my own, I have extrapolated from these various sources loads that work well across the board with certain case sizes...and plenty of testing has shown accuracy and consistency..

powders to reach for are IMR or Hodgdon's 4198, SR 4759 and RL 7

for 308 sized cases SR 4759 I use between 20 and 25 grains, or 25 to 30 grains of 4198s or RL 7.. bore diameter and bullet weight pretty well doesn't matter.... you'll find a lot of these parameters right out of Speer manuals, or within parameters of the old IMR reload data sheets..

for an 06 sized case, SR 4759 from 25 to 30 grains of powder
for the 4198s, and RL 7 from 30 to 35 grains...

for instance, Remington's managed recoil loads using IMR 4198 in the ones I have disassembled, found the charge weight, and then reloaded it, and tested it against the same charge weight using IMR 4198 and shot both over the chronograph...

If you are going to reduce load the magnum route, then the parameters I use for SR 4759 is from 30 to 40 grains...

for 4198s, and RL 7 from 35 to 40 grains...Load data floating around goes higher, but since this is reduced loads, life is good..

you'll find all the above to give much better accuracy and consistency than Hodgdon's reduced loads with H 4895...

you'll also find that you won't get the muzzle blast that H 4895 gives when reduced low enough...

a lot of these loads can be found in cast manuals, and you will also find many of them give the pressures for such loads, at least with cast bullets.... while load pressures can vary with bullet variations, none of these loads are anywhere near what is the max limit for the cartridge...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez