I don�t know how to point to another discussion from this one, so I�m just copying here.

12/22/11 � posted by RJM52 � in the �Tipi/tarp vs. floored tent� discussion

�Last summer I was out with same bunch and they were again "tentless". I was in an Appy Trails MK V which is a lightweight version of the old Boy Scout design. Even though it is floorless I had just a piece of bug net across the doors which I had pulled back... That night the skeeters were so bad the rest of them didn't sleep as it was too hot to just hunker down in the bags... They didn't bother me at all�

After finding the Appy Trails tent, again suggested by someone here, I have diched tarps.... When it rains it is bad enough...when you get wind and rain it really sucks under a tarp.... The Appy Trails tent sets up tight and bucks the wind well...and there is no 500 feet of lines to set up to make it secure....

Bob�

Now, I will confess to a vested interest here� the Appy Trails tents are mine. But if you have any questions that I can answer please let me know.

On the small stake grommets, some people have put bungi loops on them to use larger stakes. But in buggy conditions this creates a gap between the tent and the ground. I would recommend either looking for longer stakes or double staking if the ground is soft or the weather threatens a real blow.

You double stake by putting a second stake next to the first, just past the tent edge, then tying them together with a piece of paracord or a shoestring. If you find yourself in a soft ground situation this can be done with a stick from the woods and a rock to hammer with. Or you can carry a few extra stakes for emergencies. This is also helpful if you hit a rock a few inches down and can�t trust the stake to hold.

I do appreciate your interest.

Sam
and "Appy Trails, to you..."