There's a good reason why there's no pictures!!!

I tried to improve a pattern when I saw a Muddler Minnow tied out of Puglisi fibers. It looked awesome. $150 of materials from Cabela's and I couldn't tie the dumb thing. I couldn't get the fibers to stand up for the head so I could trim it. Deer body hair, it is not. Then I made a bunch of minnows with the fibers that don't look like much. Yeah, I tied another 2 dozen flys I couldn't send along.

Improving fly patterns isn't my forte.

By the way, I use Gink. It doesn't keep them on top more than a few minutes.

You know, I've been a fly fisherman since I was a kid and I was tying flys in the first grade. I always fished them in ponds. There aren't any rivers around here. My Brother used to talk about the Wood River growing up and it wasn't until 4 or 5 years ago that I took the hour drive to see it. I fish it now, and found a friend who has for a while that was willing to show me a few patterns. I think floating a dry down on a rising trout is one of the coolest things I've done in this life but my experience is pretty limited.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson