E Blair,
While little jim continues to have a bad hair day over the Miroku 1885s made first with the Browning moniker and later with the Winchester label, rest assured they are probably the most accurate bpcrs you can pull off the shelf. For certain they are not a bit less accurate than a Shiloh for instance.

Aesthetically, I find them challenging to warm up to, but they shoot extremely well. They are also remarkably reliable rifles, though the others are as well, but I think Miroku could hold a slight edge given the number of folks that have them and the very small number of complaints about them failing.

Their three biggest negatives are,
1. A less than wonderful trigger than cannot be used in "set trigger" fashion. For a small price - remarkably small actually, Lee Shaver tunes this to a very serviceable trigger suitable for the best target work

2. They are hard to take apart - or rather to reassemble once taken down. But there are tricks and jigs to make this easier.

3. Their finish does not grab me in a favorable way. But you can always refinish one if it bugs you.

In then end, master class shooters win with these rifles. They are affordable in new or used conditions and they are available. The guy that wrote the book that so bugs little jim is also very helpful with connecting people with these rifles and also often has a few to sell. He's a good guy and infinitely more friendly than little jim.

The Pedersolis are also good rifles and have a reputation for accuracy. I also don't care for their finish on metal or rifle but nothing is wrong with them and they can be match winners just as readily as a Shiloh.

I don't have anything good to say about Uberti though others like them. The one Uberti product I owned (a revolver) was mechanically poorly made that affected much more than just cosmetics.

C Sharps and Shilohs will shoot with the best, but they don't run away from a Browning/Winchester (Miroku) highwall except for when it comes to looks. In accuracy and dependability, they are AT LEAST the equal of all the rest.

Now little jim will be back with more belittling of everything and everyone, but that's just something we all have to live with.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.