The common idea i hear expressed is that of ability to restrain oneself until the ideal moment presents itself.
Not being able to ( or interested in) convincing anyone here of my personal abilities I can however assure you that my season is long, my bag limits generous and my position well chosen for safety.
I can wait till the shot presents itself and if it doesnt I can wait till another time.
My hide is 42 paces from the creek (my limit line). The hide itself is inside an old stable. The rest is the rear window of the hay loft. The downward angle to the creek is about 20 degrees and the area behind the creek is surrounded by 60 year old sweetgums.
If I decide to take a deer with the 22LR i will be within the laws of my state in doing so.
If I decide to take a deer with the 22LR i will do it knowing that safety is paramount, not venison.
The actual question of certain select ammo's ability to penetrate the skull of a whitetail has been answered.

http://www.survivalmonkey.com/forum/firearms/30585-22-cal-penetration-test-fresh-deer-skull.html

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024