LOL........savage63

Ok, then Federal it is. I will also check out these .429's your talking about. Seems like a good charge in my eyes as well. I'll see what Cabela's has to offer, looks like the weather is cooperating today so I think were going to go today instead. Got to donate a few things to the Boy's Home so it would be warmer and better weather today as well.

Also going to hit the RV show, maybe upgrade to a new RV.

Question, your talking about grain volume. What I have is a new TC U-View Black Powder Measure and with that I was planing on using around 100 grains to start, were your telling me to start out at 100-110. Is there a reason I shouldn't boost it up to like 125 grains. The gun is supposed to use charges up to 150, but I hear accuracy is compromised. However if I could find a load that is good to lets say 125 I can't see why not to use it. Might be a waste at the firing range, but I really don't care about a few cents, I'm more wanting consistency and use a load all the time regardless of either deer or elk. Not to mention that way I can get used to the gun on more of a constant basis.

As for the pellets, are they the same as loose powder by grain? In other words, is one Pyrodex 50 grain pellet the same as 50 grains of loose Pyrodex for instance, that I would measure with my powder measure.

Also is BH209 charge of lets say loose 100 grains the same basic charge as 100 grains of Pyrodex loose 100 grains?

I defiantly want to stay below the 150 grain maximum as Knight states, and I don't know exactly what they mean by that!

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.