My only experience with an 11-87 is the last I'll have with one, and that was 21 years ago. A pheasant hunt, it was raining, and the lodge where we stayed had a couple new loaner 11-87s, not Wally World specials. I took one to save my double from a rainy morning (still regret doing so), and it turned out to be a tremendous morning for birds and dogs, but I couldn't cut a feather.

Frustrated, I shot into a dirt bank about 25 yards away, and found my trouble...it hit about 2' below point of aim (looking along a flat rib). I thought maybe I'd flinched, tried again, found I hadn't - same POI. On my shorthair's next point, I pulled unnaturally above the bird and killed it. Did that again, same technique. The barrel looked straight, but sure didn't shoot that way; I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. That, and it handled with the grace of a 2x4. I suspect it had a poor cut choke that threw the charge low, but who knows?

The 11-87 does not have the same feel to me as the 1100 either, as I usually find them agreeable and still have a fairly light one for kids to shoot. Dunno on whether the action is more reliable, and I'll trust the opinion of those with more experience than I on that.

As others have said here, what I do know is that Remingtons of any ilk are pretty scarce on target courses these days, but you see lots of Berettas.