Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The police cannot allow folks to deal with criminals on their own, because that's their only justification for existing, thus they make examples whenever they can of folks who do it.

HORSESCHIT Hawkeye,

Explain to me then why I roll out to every single medical and fire call in my jurisdiction if my only reason for existing is to make examples of people who catch their own bad guys!

My last days on I hauled a$$ out to a house on fire. I got there and met the home owner/rancher who was already outside with the wife. It was a chimney fire that caught rafters and attic insulation on fire.

He and his wife had already grabbed a couple of photo albums and some stuff. The fire was really not that bad. Anyways, I told him I would help him get his furniture out and safe outside. Whatever it took.

We went in the back of the house and scouted out what we could get out if things went bad for the firemen.

I know a bunch of cops who do the same thing whenever they get the chance. I figure someone would help me if the roles were reversed.

Med calls every single shift are no different.

Don't hand me that crap.
You don't like the work, get a different job. I wouldn't like work where I was "forced" to arrest people who had committed no real crime. That's why I'm not a cop.

Also, that post where you talked about telling the guy "good job" and then what he did wrong...he don't need your pat on the head.