Originally Posted by SodFarmer
As long as the Fed keeps the money pump going, Ag will remain healthy and flush with cash.

If we can believe the FED that's going to continue well into the future. Most of the Ag stocks I track have pulled back a bit with caution of falling commodities. Then again some of these Companies seem to do the down beat forecast frequently when they report.

Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
if all you have is gold for SHTF you ain't nearly prepared enough

Very true but I think most of us would say the same about just owning a single fund Vs a balanced blend of investments or just owning dried food without water or ammo. I think a lot of folks get financial investments convoluted with being prepared. Some items like Gold do have cross over value in that sense but if I was just looking for end of the world scenario investments I'd be buying pre-'64 Winchesters in 30-30. Prices have come down as others have been forced to sell in a poor economy and you can get ammo at just about any store across the land. On top of that they have a solid chance at appreciation so I could actually sell at a profit in any scenario.
Then again according to some when the day comes the FED says we have to turn in our weapons we're all gonna just run down and hand them over....

Back to the topic at hand.... The last I heard the Greek Parliament is debating the bail out deal once again and the German vote is this weekend. Germany currently saying NO to the IMF and the ESM. That's OK Geithner wants us to help out. eek
Any one wanna place a friendly wager that some small virtually unheard of country throws a wrench in the mix?
Meanwhile France and Belgium bailout Dexia and Ozzy banks get downgraded.

Last edited by Stetson; 02/24/12.