I finally got around to taking some photos of my Lyman Great Plains 54 cal rifle . I spent the last few days shooting this rifle . I changes out the nipple to the Red Hot Knight and changed the sights to the Lyman Fiber Optic replacements they offer. I like the original sight and they worked great in good light but for early morning and late evening the Fiber Optics help out ageing eyes in the Deer Woods. I have settled on the Hornady .530 Round Ball and the Pillow Tick .18 patch and the CCI # 11 Magnum Cap with 90 gr's of American Pioneer FFFG powder. I will use this for my Muzzle Loading Hunting this year and let my Inlines take a break. I love shooting the Hawkins Style Rifles and the American Pioneer sure does clean up very easy and without all the stink of Blackpowder. It feel kind of good to go back to Muzzle Loading Hunting the way it was intended to be when they started the separate Muzzle Loading Deer Season. This rifle is shooting ragged holes at 25 yards and keeping the group in a two inch circle at 50 yards, which is the best i can do with open sights.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.