My partner and I killed an ungodly number of coyotes with a 55g winchester soft point with a load of 26.5g of Win 748 in a 223. We shot the Rem 700 and Rem 788's. This load will usually shoot 1/2" and clobbers coyotes and often the bullet will not go through the coyote but will break shoulders and hip joints on quartering shots.

The same powder charge will love the 55g Sierra spt in any version plus the 55g BTHP. The same load with the 55g Sierra lead tip blitz will do some serious damage to a coyote. The 55g nosler ballistic tip was also fantastic.

We shot a lot of coyotes with the sierra 50 Spt with a load of 27.5g of Win 748.

I shot a coyote at 320 yards in the head as he was staring at us with a 50g Nosler ballistic tip, and the bullet did not go through his head, stayed away from them after that.

The 65g Sierra's are a deer bullet and probably will not expand on a coyote at all...it will blow your mind to see a coyote hit dead center, bullet hit the ground behind him, and the coyote react as if he does not even know that he has been shot.

Good luck!