[Linked Image]

This black bear was a good test for the 155gr scenar. I spotted him right before dark working some green grass along a strip of Douglas Fir. He was 490 yards from where I was sitting. There was a small bunch of elk between us, so the shot would have to be made from where I was. Just a gentle breeze in my face was all I could find for wind. I voice howled like a coyote to get him to stop and look my way. He wasn't perfectly broadside so I had to hold near his left hip to angle the bullet towards the off shoulder. When I fired, the recoil knocked me back just enough that I didn't see the impact. I saw him trotting toward the heavy cover, not running, but slowing down to a walk just before he went out of sight. I land marked the spot in my mind and made my way over there. He was dead only a few yards from where I saw him go out of view. The bullet hit very close to where I was aiming and exited just behind his right front shoulder.

Interesting note on this bear, he was 12 years old and I guessed him to weigh around 300 pounds. He had the biggest feet I've ever seen on a black bear. Some of the best fur too.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]