If yall remember, I was fussing about the pigs messing up my deer hunting, way back around the first of October. Well, now that deer season is about over, I decided to try and get rid of some of them. I didnt mention it then, but the yotes have been getting bad in that area also.

I looked into getting a night scope, rifle, and supressor, but the cost and time involved didnt seem worth the effort. I also thought about traps, but was told that once you caught pigs in them, they werent effective. So, I kept looking for a solution and discovered snares. They are cheap, easily moved, and the people I talked to said they were the only way to go. I bought 2 dozen (cheaper to buy than I could build them) and away I went.

I'm no expert, and am having to learn as I go, but my plan is to bait a place with corn and try to keep the piggys coming in. The pigs usually dont stay in one place, but travel around eating what they can find. It seems they come thru about every 2 weeks and clean up all the mast, corn, etc.

I baited a place and waited 2 weeks for them to find the corn. When they found it, I rebaited and set out the snares on the trails and made me 5 trip/jump snares and place them in the feed. This took place last Saturday. I check them from a distance every day and this is want I found Tuesday.

77# guilt- caught in jump snare around body behind shoulders

[Linked Image]

Anyone thinking they arent strong, look at this 1/8" cable.

[Linked Image]

Found this yote in a snare on one of the trails

[Linked Image]

Got this 112# boar on a trail snare

[Linked Image]

Loaded up and coming out, BIL doing the driving

[Linked Image]

Just a few more pics of the days haul

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad339/Oldmanms2003/pigsandyote.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad339/Oldmanms2003/yote.jpg[/img]

I took some of the pig scraps, used it for bait, and set some snares just for yotes. Hopefully, I can catch some more.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21