250 Powerbelt Aerolite VS 250 Thor Hollow Point

I put this test together this evening with the CVA Apex .50cal 25" barrel, 1:28 twist. 100gr Blackhorn209, CCI 209 Magnum primers.

3 to 5 minutes between shots for barrel cool down.

The Thors were from my sizing sample and therefore, not the ballistic tips I normally shoot. These were .500" and load just like a powerbelt.

Now I am not sure what distance Powerbelt tests their velocity, but their info is MUCH lower in velocity than mine. They show it doing 1820 FPS. I checked the BH209 website and looked at the info they listed for the 300gr Aerolite which was 1831 FPS and Powerbelts website lists it at 1816 FPS. So again, not sure what system Powerbelt uses for the info given, but its off.

I did my testing at roughly 14 to 15 feet with the Chrony Beta Master with no sun shades as it was clouded over.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Green markings are the Aerolite with NO Gas check at the base. Powerbelts I hear, shoot the same without this gas check in place.. Hmmm, interesting, especially since the velocity changed greatly. Along with point of impact.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Thor = 1989 AVG velocity
Aerolite = 1914 AVG velocity
Aerolite with NO gas check = 1865 AVG velocity

Velocity in the heat was only 7 FPS faster than it was in the winter when I first chronoed the Aerolite. Velocity in the cold was 1907 FPS Average.

When my order of the ballistic tip thors comes in, I can see is there is any difference in velocity with those.

But again, Powerbelt lists the 250 AL doing 1820 FPS with a 100gr Blackhorn209 charge. I think they may be testing at a much further distance?