LH Tikka T3's in .223 have been really scarce for a while so when some started to show up on gunbroker I ordered one. All of the specs for the LH T3 .223 show a 1 in 8 twist although they do make the Hunter model with wooden stock in a 1 in 12 twist.

Anyway, the rifle got in today and the barrel is marked .223 Rem 10". confused The end flap on the box also shows .223REM/10in. This is the same model JRTB412 that is shown everywhere as 1 in 8. It's not that big of a deal to me since I'm not a fanatic about fast twists, shooting standard weight bullets of 50 to 55 grains mostly. But if you are and a 1 in 8 is important to you then be sure to check with your distributor or wherever you're buying it from to verify it has the twist you want. I don't know if this affects the right hand rifles or not but you might want to verify those as well.

Now that said - 1 in 10? What the heck? Okay, 1 in 12 is standard and has been for years. "Fast twist" can be 1 in 9, 8 or 7. But 1 in 10? What good is it for over a 1 in 12? Maybe it's optimized to handle those wildly popular 60 grain bullets? wink What will those crazy Finns think of next.

Oh well, I'm just going to load up some 50 grain V-Max's and Sierra 52 HP's and go out tomorrow to see what it will do.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!