Oh we use a lot of different jigs, hooks and lures I guess.

For me I guess I break it into 2 different approaches, the jigging lure and the "dead stick".

We (and when I say we, I mean EVERYBODY but me) use sonar flashers, fish locators to aid in our catching. We lower a transducer just below the ice, through our fishing hole. Then they sit and stare at that little screen for hours on end. They can see the bottom, they can also see their fishing lure which is usually within a foot or foot and a half off the bottom. They wait to pick up another blip on the screen, usually below the bottom and the fishing lure, then they lower the lure down to the level of the blip (fish) and try to coax the fish up off the bottom, try to get them to take the lure.

It's very effective and it is fun.

For the most part I am a boring old bobber fisher. And those jigs/lures are usually much more discrete. Sometimes even just a bare hook.

The hooks and lures that are amongst the most popular can be seen on the "JB lures" website under "ice fishing".

Their stuff is pretty popular on lake of the woods. It's definitely not the only stuff that we use but it would give you a good idea of what kind of stuff we are using.

Something clever here.