Buffalo Bore is out of brass for the 38-55 and is apparently waiting for Starline to come on-line with brass... no 38-55 ammunition available from them.

I have read several references that state the problems with interghanging 375 Win in 38-55 (also 41 Long Colt).

The SAAMI site has a chart of this data available on-line.

I take this data as conservative and offered with the understanding that there are many vintage pre-WWII rifles chambered in 38-55 that would not do well with high pressure.

I have spoken with a custom gun builder and have been assured that he can build a Marlin 336 chambered in either 375 Win or 38-55 Win on the same (any modern 336 Marlin) action. There is apparently no difference between the actions as he states.

I have read several post on various sites where folks mention that 375 Win can be fired from a 38-55 Marlin 336 (NEW RIFLE, not vintage) and other MODERN firearms chambered in 38-55 Win.

This is more of a curiousity with me as, as I have stated, I have reloading dies and components to make 38-55 Win ammunition to any level of pressure I desire.