selsnslim

Thanks.. This is the best "makes sense" technical discussion I have seen on this item.

jin in Oregon

My dad was...... Mr. King...... my paternal grandfather was born young Mr. Roi. (Sorry... I couldn't help it.)

I get asked about my relationship to the local King clans often in these part. Truth is I'm a transplant here, retired from the U. S. Navy and stayed for a bit. I'm originally from Eau Claire, Wisconsin but haven't lived there since 1971.

Some of the old King farms are gone, the one on Hwy 27 several miles south of Damascus is gone...being developed... about a gazillion $500,000 homes.

Doug King on Kingstead Road where King's Valley Road intersects is still around.

My children graduated from Damascus High.

Back to the 375 Win and the 38-55 Win.

I didn't call Marlin as I thought it'd be a wasted effort... Canned message, liability etc.

I'm just gonna work up a load the old fashion way and keep pushing until something indicates stop. I've read where folks are using some pretty stiff loads in the 38-55 with the Barnes .377 and 38-55 brass... loads into the 375 Win range for sure.

I'll post my results should I happen to live through the experience.