Yep, the 375 will have a bunch of lower pressure in the 38-55, cuz so much of the gas is whooshing on by-by the way that horrible sound will be your barrel sayin bye bye. I suppose I'll reiterate that the .375 is not interchangeable with the 38-55.
I tell ya, I'd sure as heck hate to get a hold of a used gun from you folks, probably work as a chile stirrer an not much more.
I dunno what ever happened to common sense in this counrty, but it sure gives one pause...
If pressure is an issue, you reduce your charge or you change your component/powder choice-you don go to a cartridge your gun is not chambered for.
I would not go by a cusrory review of part numbers to make my conclusion about pressure. Marlin, remember has never chambered another 50,000 psi cartridge in their 336-coincidence? Maybe, but I guess I like my guns an finger to be intact-I know, thats patently ridiculous, but there it is.
So, the advice from me, Mr. slow an low, is to review yer field performance before you fill yr head with all kinds of numbers, you'll find, if yer honest, that at levergun ranges, with good bullets, that those low velocity numbers work right fine-your ears'll agree an so will yer shoulder.
So, if you need more fire, refrain from usin the 375 in the 38-55. Go get you a real 375, or go custom an have one made from a BB action. Then, you can brethe all that fire till your shoulder is as numb as a politicians sense of honesty.