Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Looking to use a 270 gr bullet either a Swift A-Frame,North Fork or a 260 gr Nosler Partition. Going to shoot it first,then see if it needs bedding or free-floating. In all honesty,how much accuracy does one need for the game a .375 H&H is used on. ;

Had one of these about 18-20 years ago and traded it off,regretted doing that ever since.

I WILL leave it as is. smile

As far as plans for it,depending on what happens,MAYBE Africa.

To answer your question: I want all the damn accuracy I can get out of a 375 H&H, especially if I'm hunting "dangerous" game. That's probably just me though.. eek Also as far as bedding your rifle. It's kind of a must with those classics, especially heavy kickers. You got to remember the hot glue bedding of the day wasn't always the best:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It's your rifle though my friend and I'm not trying to criticize, just hoping to help a little..
I know you're trying to help and it is appreciated,the thing is,I don't think this rifle has been fired at all. There are no "signs" on the bolt face or muzzle. When I get back from town later this morning,I'll take it out of the stock and look at the bedding.

For me,as long as it shoots 1-1/2" or less it'll be good. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken