Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I got a text message last night that said we had a Trooper killed.

I had already gotten off work, so was scrambling around trying to find out what happened and where.

Post 1, Mayfield, is our most far West. Trooper Eric K. Chrisman was patrolling Marshall County, looking for an impaired driver that had been called in to Post.

From the sketchy details I have been told, he spotted the car going the opposite direction and tried to turn on it. Whether he hydroplaned or failed to see an oncoming tractor trailer is unknown to me at this time.

He was pronounced dead at the scene.

E.K. Chrisman had graduated from the KSP Academy in January, 2015. He had 6 months of service. He was 23 years old.

He is survived by his parents, and two siblings, along with a host of his brothers and sisters in Gray.

I struggled a bit last night to make heads or tails of it. Glad that he had not been killed in a violent encounter, but saddened that he had lost his life because of target fixation, or because of lack of experience driving under less than favorable conditions.

Mostly I was bummed because he was just a kid. Whatever potential he had, was gone in a blink.

As an old dinosaur, I hate to see talent lost, and grieve for my "little brother" who left us before he got a chance to see and do so many good things.

Then I thanked God that the kid had a chance to fulfill his dream. Thanked him again that he spared me through all those Mountains and valleys, and toasted Trooper E.K. Chrisman with a glass of Elmer T. Lee.

Rest in Peace, little brother.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
[Linked Image]

FJB
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hate to read posts like that.
The job is dangerous in many different ways,

Sam......

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I am very sorry for your loss.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Then I thanked God that the kid had a chance to fulfill his dream. Thanked him again that he spared me through all those Mountains and valleys, and toasted Trooper E.K. Chrisman with a glass of Elmer T. Lee.

Rest in Peace, little brother.

Amen

http://redwhiteandbourbon.com/2013/03/24/review-elmer-t-lee/

"We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past"
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
CT, that's a sad loss for all State Troopers, but especially here in Kentucky. Condolences to all.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Damn Joel...my prayers are all involved...including his blue family.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockchucker
[Linked Image]

My feelings exactly. Sorry Joel. I will toast him with Kentuckys finest.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Joel,

I always hate to hear this kind of news and more so when it's a younger person. Not only was a life cut short, but so often, they leave behind a too young widow and children.

My thoughts and prayers to you, his immediate family, and the larger LE family, all who have to grieve with the loss.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers sent from here, to all those affected.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
That is a loss for all of us. Prayers sent from N.C.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
This is really unfortunate! What a waste of precious youth. Sorry for your loss. Prayers offered for all close to him.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers on the way.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prayers to all involved. I thank God everyday for the men and women who wear the badge.

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
CrimsonTide, thank you for the post..
I,too, am saddened by the loss life.
My sincere condolences to the Trooper's family and friends.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Joel, sorry to hear this too. We had a young Trooper gunned down a couple years ago. Its never easy.Its worse with the young ones.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Condolences to the Family and the Kentucky State Police for the loss of one of their own... as said, how can one justify it happening at such a young age...

I pray for the protection of all Troopers out there as they protect and serve their communities, regardless of what state they serve....

and that goes for all LE officers and especially our campfire brethren...

may the Good Lord watch over you and protect you as you do your daily jobs.. and bring you home safely...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Condolences to the family of Trooper Chrisman and to the KSP.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like a dedicated young man. We had a young trooper, who lived just a couple miles from our place, die in a very stupid, tragic situation. About a week later his wife and four kids sat in the front row at church, weeping. You could almost hear their hearts breaking.

Godspeed Trooper!

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
May he rest in peace and patrol the highways of heaven.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

425 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 10ring1, 163bc, 32 invisible), 2,452 guests, and 1,030 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,824
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.