Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
E
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Have any of you gun writers used the new solid from Swift?

They are due out this fall.

May try them in my .375 RUM.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
BP-B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Heard about it around SHOT Show time, but haven't seen any. In fact haven't seen any on their website, or in stock at any Internet companies like Midway.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
E
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
They are supposed to be out this fall,according to the "New Product" section in the newest Sports Afield.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
According to the SHOT publicity, they were going to be available right away.

But those contradictions are common with new products.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
E
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Sounds almost like Ruger about 25 years ago. grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Here's what one looks like in a .416 Taylor. It's the one on the far left.

[Linked Image]

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Here's what the box and bullets look like.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Sounds like the only ones who have any experience with these bullets are the Swift guys.

Don't know how the ad reads, but this is what I was told about the bullet from Swift.

The only reason for the polymer ball is for feeding purposes. The ball "breaks away" on impact exposing a small cup point. The idea is that the cup point generates a larger wound cavity on entry as it opens up, then the bullet acts as a solid thereafter. It is also supposed to have greater penetration than the other solids on the market.

It will be interesting to see how it compares to the North Fork Cup Point. It may very well out penetrate the NFCP since the Swift probably has a higher SD

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Thanks Paladin.

How much was the box of 24?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Seems like about $80.

I loaded up a couple to compare penetration tests at Linebaugh's Seminar but we never got around to setting the board up. I'll make one up and try them out. It's pretty well known what they'll do.

I got these at the SCI show in Vegas earlier this year. All the .458" & .476" went pretty fast or I'd have gotten some of them as well.

They were having a bit of trouble making these on a large scale so it may be a while longer before they come on the market at a reasonable price, although $3 and change for a bullet of this type isn't bad.

I'm pretty satisfied with the performance of the North Forks so don't see using many of these Swifts. I shoot mostly cast bullets anyway and they do just fine.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Thanks again Paladin.

Wanting to try some in my .375 RUM.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
I don't see the "point" of these bullets. The North Fork flat point solids have never failed to feed in my .375 or .458. Also it's pretty well established that solids with a wide flat point penetrate further and are deflected less by bone than ones with a more pronounced taper in the point.

With the Obamunist's recent rules that it is illegal for Americans to import any part of an elephant from Tanzania or Zimbabwe, and more PHs recommending premium soft points for buffalo, I don't see any reason for these breakaway solids.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
709 members (1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 222ND, 74 invisible), 2,786 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,630
Posts18,398,794
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.