Page 23 of 29 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 28 29
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
just shot a 9mm DAO at 10 yards with 4 others and none could hit a thing.

What's wrong with you?

PS-You need new friends.

Might have been the 30# trigger pull.

What gun has a 30 pound teigger pull

What make and model were you shooting?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
just shot a 9mm DAO at 10 yards with 4 others and none could hit a thing.

What's wrong with you?

PS-You need new friends.

Might have been the 30# trigger pull.

Probably not.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bfr is whining about a Kel-Tec P11. The trigger is a bit heavier than a Centennial S&W, but otherwise quite similar. 10 yards is not difficult with that pistol. It ain't a target pistol, but you can register solid 8, 9, and 10 ring hits with it without any difficulty.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Cock the hammer to the break point and need another 10# to break the sear is crazy.
My revolvers average 1-1/2# pulls.
OH yeah, you can control it. The pull is more then the gun weighs.
My invite is always open, come shoot.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Seriously.........?

Congrats, you can get your hits with a tuned revolver. Where the rubber meets the road, most don't carry a tuned single-action revolver for duty/carry purposes.

Get back to me when you're getting consistent hits with a Sig/Glock/M&P without blaming a trigger.

I also believe I'll pass on the invite based on reading your posts for some time. Not sure when that pot is going to boil over.......

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No problem with a Glock at all, decent gun. Sig, M&P, why do you compare? I would take a Glock every day over what Arnold would need steroids to shoot.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It's obvious you've never been around an m&p or Sig if you think they are on the same plane as a Keltec

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cock the hammer to the break point and need another 10# to break the sear is crazy.

User error.

I owned these Kel-Tecs several years ago (I own none of them and no Kel-Tecs at all currently).

[Linked Image]

A close up of the version that bfr can't shoot well.

[Linked Image]

Here's the first group at 10 yards with the PF-9. I adjusted the windage after this group.

[Linked Image]

Here's the first group with the P-11 at 10 yards. Again, I adjusted the windage after the group.

[Linked Image]

The PF-9 is striker fired. I found it to be the least comfortable to shoot and the worst to carry concealed due to the design and the stupid light rail out front.

The P3AT was so simple to conceal that it's ridiculous. It was remarkably easy to shoot as well.

The P11 was blocky and not great to carry, but it shot well enough and the traditional DAO with a concealed hammer gave second strike capability should the round fail to fire (never happened while I owned it). It shot a lot like a S&W 642, but had more than 2x the rounds on deck, though didn't carry as well.

Over the past 15 years, I've probably owned a half-dozen P3ATs, a couple P32s, two PF-9s, and four or five P11s. None of them have SA revolver triggers, nor should they. However, if you have a clue about shooting small semi-autos or DAO revolvers, you'll quite easily get acceptable defensive accuracy from them.

Last edited by 4ager; 07/11/15.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Anyone who cannot carry a full sized steel 1911 and two extra mags all day every day is just a wimp! wink

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
Anyone who cannot carry a full sized steel 1911 and two extra mags all day every day is just a wimp! wink

What about a Model 29 and two extra speed loaders....

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I always recall reading about this stuff. But the difference is, Ayoob actually collects and catalogs such things for later articles; that’s why he’s one of the best out there. This subject is going to really ruffle some feathers because there are those who say the issue of over-penetration is essentially a non-issue. Well here are some quotes to think about if you think it’s a “non-issue”, but I recommend reading the entire article.

Every bit as funny as the first time I read it.

Thanks, Gibson. You're a riot.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 4ager

User error.

I owned these Kel-Tecs several years ago (I own none of them and no Kel-Tecs at all currently).

[Linked Image]

A close up of the version that bfr can't shoot well.

[Linked Image]

Here's the first group at 10 yards with the PF-9. I adjusted the windage after this group.

[Linked Image]

Here's the first group with the P-11 at 10 yards. Again, I adjusted the windage after the group.

[Linked Image]

The PF-9 is striker fired. I found it to be the least comfortable to shoot and the worst to carry concealed due to the design and the stupid light rail out front.

The P3AT was so simple to conceal that it's ridiculous. It was remarkably easy to shoot as well.

The P11 was blocky and not great to carry, but it shot well enough and the traditional DAO with a concealed hammer gave second strike capability should the round fail to fire (never happened while I owned it). It shot a lot like a S&W 642, but had more than 2x the rounds on deck, though didn't carry as well.

Over the past 15 years, I've probably owned a half-dozen P3ATs, a couple P32s, two PF-9s, and four or five P11s. None of them have SA revolver triggers, nor should they. However, if you have a clue about shooting small semi-autos or DAO revolvers, you'll quite easily get acceptable defensive accuracy from them.

I think the lesson here is that an excellent marksman can make most any pistol perform well. There's always favorites, but ability, not the tool, usually wins.
Bob

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by Scott F

What about a Model 29 and two extra speed loaders....

Almost as good. However I read earlier on this topic where a 45-70 hit through the lungs of a deer and you will have to track it for hundreds of yards. If a 45-70 won't kill then what are the chances with just a lowly Model 29? grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RGK

I think the lesson here is that an excellent marksman can make most any pistol perform well. There's always favorites, but ability, not the tool, usually wins.
Bob

Bingo. I took a mule deer with a spine shot just in front of the shoulders with a 22 hornet in a handgun. Range was laser measured 240 yards and the deer dropped straight into it's shadow. But some experts who have killed more deer than I have seen in my 66 years can't drop one cleanly with a 45-70.

Sure glad I am not and expert.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a bit of experience with SIGs and Glocks as well.

Here's a little SIG I carried for several years (P6 West German police surplus).

[Linked Image]

Here's what it could do with 50 rounds offhand at 10 yards.

[Linked Image]

This 10mm Glock served nightstand duty for quite a few years.

[Linked Image]

Here's 50 rounds of 175 grain SilverTip JHPs at 25 yards, offhand.

[Linked Image]

Would any of those groups win a trophy or a shooting contest? Doubtfully, and I really couldn't care less about such things. Would they work just fine in a defensive situation? I think so and I'm comfortable with that.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If you think a too hard and too fast 45-70 can't lose a deer, You show colors that bleach has run over.
Ask Whitworth and I wish he would respond. He was with me with one, double lung shot, well over 200 yards with pink lungs, just a hole. Yeah hit the spine every shot but most of you can't hit a pop can at 100. My heroes! The wrong boolit in a 45-70 can fail but darn it is a BIG gun. Fools proliferate on shooting sites. Of all of you I would trust two, JWP and Whitworth, the rest pop keys.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Dam, 4ager that's some great shooting.

I would like to find some silver tips, all I can ever find is Hornandy 180s.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Here's a little SIG I carried for several years (P6 West German police surplus).

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Would any of those groups win a trophy or a shooting contest? Doubtfully, and I really couldn't care less about such things. Would they work just fine in a defensive situation? I think so and I'm comfortable with that.

Fine shooting but try the gun I did not like. Some say they control it but I dare them to shoot what I do. Most would cut shirt tails off, Brown stains should not go in laundry. Dang the keyboard is so easy!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Fine shooting but try the gun I did not like. Some say they control it but I dare them to shoot what I do. Most would cut shirt tails off, Brown stains should not go in laundry. Dang the keyboard is so easy!

Do you always post when you are drunk...

Your last two posts are so incoherent, it's almost like you typed it after drinking a case of Wild Turkey

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I amended my sig line in honor of this thread.

The "What's good for me..." element applies to sharkbait & anyone who thinks their caliber choice is the One True Way.

The Retargument element reminds me that it's time to flesh out my Ignore list again.

Last edited by SargeMO; 07/12/15.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Page 23 of 29 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 35, 11 invisible), 1,497 guests, and 787 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,565
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.