Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If the Boy Scouts of America are now "out", then what other organizations are there that are good for kids in instilling similar values and experiences to/for kids?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't count on any organization to do that.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The same organizations that existed years ago, and they worked:

Family
Church

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The Alter Boy apprenticeship?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You're both missing the point. No organization like BSA used to be is a replacement for family or church, but a supplement to them.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
You're both missing the point. No organization like BSA used to be is a replacement for family or church, but a supplement to them.

Didn't miss the point. The reason for the scouts was the beginning of the decline that we now have 100 years later...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
BSA is set up to augment church and family, not replace them. That is why troops are set up through churches.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Some of my grandkids are involved with 4H.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Trail Life is supposed to be founded on the original BSA principals and Christianity.

Trail Life USA

Even with the rulings, my boys are still in Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts. Our pack and troop's local leadership and values have not changed and that matters a hell of a lot more than the "corporate" policy of BSA.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All I know is this: Now that homosexuals can be Boy Scout leaders, how long will it be before pedophiles want to be in charge of Girl Scouts?

Because if you allow the one, there's no way you can stop the other.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 4ager

Myself and my son participated in Scouts for one year. May as well have been one hour because that's how long it took to figure out I didn't need 'em.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Here is a hint that will help. BSA is not out. But no matter where parents allow their kids to go the parents MUST be involved. You kid attends a church youth group you need to know the who, what, when, and where. Some with BSA or anything else.

I know some fine upstanding men involves with scouts who if anything will be more alert for wrong doing than before. The Campfire's own Seafire comes to mind. I know John. Been a guest in his home and spent a lot of time with the man. He is been in scouting a long time and I am willing to bet nothing wrong will go on in any troop he has anything to do with.

But nowhere is safe to just let your kid be a part of without your active involvemen. The day of just sending a kid off somewhere without your supervision are long over. It is nothing like when most of us were kids and it really was not safe back then. Trust me, I know.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Regardless of how you and I may feel, the LGBT community is a very active minority that, through their energy, seem to overwhelm the mostly silent majority. Here in Omaha, BSA provides a safety net for a lot of boys from single-parent homes who might not otherwise have a positive adult male role-model in their lives.

My Son's BSA Troop already had to find a new sponsoring organization when BSA decided to accept gay scouts, as our long-time sponsor was a Lutheran Church (LC-MS) that is firmly anti-gay. I can't see how the decision to accept gay scouts and leaders into BSA will have a positive impact on membership, funding, and sponsoring organizations.

Time will tell.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
All I know is this: Now that homosexuals can be Boy Scout leaders, how long will it be before pedophiles want to be in charge of Girl Scouts?

you evidently are not aware, that the GSA went 'rainbow' some years back.

Sam......

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Scott F
Here is a hint that will help. BSA is not out. But no matter where parents allow their kids to go the parents MUST be involved. You kid attends a church youth group you need to know the who, what, when, and where. Some with BSA or anything else.

I know some fine upstanding men involves with scouts who if anything will be more alert for wrong doing than before. The Campfire's own Seafire comes to mind. I know John. Been a guest in his home and spent a lot of time with the man. He is been in scouting a long time and I am willing to bet nothing wrong will go on in any troop he has anything to do with.

But nowhere is safe to just let your kid be a part of without your active involvemen. The day of just sending a kid off somewhere without your supervision are long over. It is nothing like when most of us were kids and it really was not safe back then. Trust me, I know.

Well said

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Pandora's box has been opened.........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I don't think they can stop then legally.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

As much as I am against the promotion of homosexuality as normal, homosexuality and paedophilia do not always go hand in hand..

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I need the BSA about as much as I need another hole in my head.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Scott F

Amen. I'm a Committee Member and just finished the rest of my required training to become an Assistant Scout Master with my older son's troop and am a Den Leader of my younger son's Cub Scout pack. When my oldest daughter was in Girl Scouts, my wife attended every meeting with her and I went on the campouts. We know our kids are not being exposed to any nonsense because we are there with them and involved. That's the key - parent involvement.

No one is less thrilled than I am about BSA's decision, but the real rubber meets the road at the local troop level. Instead of pulling your boys out of scouting, get involved and make sure it's done right in YOUR troop.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,910 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,541
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.